Job Title: Brake Operator
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Machine Shop
Reports To: Machine Shop Lead Person and Fabrication Supervisor
Summary: Performs various brake operations or other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor. Most if not all of the machines being used will have a computerized control that operator must become familiar with as part of daily operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Machine Shop, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understanding them and other technical documents required by the job of machinist.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment, and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Works in such a way as to create no or limited scrap or rework and works to continually improve quality level.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be able to provide all of the proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
- Have mechanical skills.
- Have valid drivers license.
An example is shown here for the role above:
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Job requires working with heavy materials and equipment. For more specific physical requirements see reverse side.
Specific Job Skills: Having some basic hydraulic, electrical, welding, and mechanical aptitude helpful.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints, various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on a concrete floor all day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50#. Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from waist high pallets to machine. A forklift or hoist is to be used for larger material/parts.
None to very limited.
Occasionally to handle smaller material/parts
None to very limited.
Good balance is required.
Position requires reaching approximately 5’ [eye level]; overhead reaching is limited while handling parts.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and reading measurement equipment.
Taste or smelling to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment. Machinists are required to furnish their own basic tools required for the job.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org