Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Garner, IA
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Summary: Design and oversee the development, installation and operation of machines, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, safety and manufacturability, appearance, impact on the user and on the environment.
- Performs engineering assignments with objectives and involves conventional types of plans and specifications.
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment and/or material specifications.
- Ability to perform designs using 2D & 3D CAD and Simulation (FEA) software.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
- Set up control systems, e.g. testing of equipment to make sure those standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities concerned with the technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Compile data and prepare reports related to research and testing of new and existing products.
- Provides design support to Manufacturing.
- Responsible for complying with safety and quality systems procedures, as required.
- Act as a positive role model for all co-workers
- Promote a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within the company.
- Continuously promotes and fosters a culture of working safety.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as reasonably assigned and required by Engineering Manager
- Three to five years of proven experience in the design and/or manufacturing of electrical/electronic products or electro-mechanical systems.
- MRP applications experience.
- Should be familiar with the automotive industry and truck up fitting.
- Familiar with structural welding and weld symbols.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience.
- Hydraulic, electrical and automotive experience.
- Firm understanding of Internal combustion engines and compressed air systems
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
General Competencies Required:
- Knowledge of computers and electronics design techniques, tools and principles.
- Ability to measure accurately using machine tools.
- Operations Analysis and Critical Thinking.
- Complex problem solving with emphasis on active learning.
- Knowledge of common application programming languages.
- Excel in interpersonal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must have initiative, be willing to work independently and as part of a team, possess a strong desire to learn, and enjoy computing and technical design, and be practical and creative.
- Must be willing to adhere to safety requirements.
- Mathematical skills such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong applied math and applied physics skills.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear, and frequently required to reach, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Occasional lifting may be needed, of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
- The employee may also be required to lie under equipment to visually and physically check the installation of wiring.
- Employee may be required to work indoors in a shop environment and also outside in all weather conditions.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Valid drivers license.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com