Job Title: Electrical Assembler
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Electrical Assembly
Reports To: Control Systems Manager
Summary: The Electrical Assembler will assemble or modify electromechanical equipment or devices, performs testing and repair of control system components for mobile hydraulic equipment and provides skilled production support to the Electrical Assembly Dept. of manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems components, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using various fastening methods.
- Disassemble electrical or electronic component parts to inspect for defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Position, align, and fasten assemblies using hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, strip and crimp wire and cable according to specifications using hand tools, power tools, soldering iron, etc.
- Plan and perform work in a timely manner according to daily production schedule.
- Complete accurate work order transactions as necessary for MRP/ERP system in a timely manner.
- Assist in cross-training with other department team members.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment according to department standards.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Act as a positive role model for all co-workers.
- Promote a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within the company.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to follow and communicate directions.
- Learning Orientation.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Basic computer skills.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience Preferred
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program, or
- Three to five years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics field.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MRP/ERP software.
- Works well individually and as a team member.
- Able to follow direction of supervisor.
- Specific Job Skills.
- Computer Skills.
- Read blueprints and other documents.
- Have mechanical skills.
An example is shown here for the role described:
Person profile – Electrical Assembler
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to self-direct as well as get along with others.
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in crouched position at times, crawl under trucks, climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job.
Specific Job Skills: Having some basic hydraulic, electrical, welding, and mechanical aptitude helpful.
Computer skills: Strong computer skills and the ability to learn manufacturing software is necessary.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints, various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical Requirements
Position will require standing on a concrete floor all day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50# all assembly bays have crane hoists that are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight.
- Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waste. (36”).
Some assembly areas require climbing stairs while carrying small parts. Climbing a 5’ to 6’ ladder is also required.
Position requires being able to push/pull 2 and 4-wheel carts weighing approx. 200#.
Putting on hoses and other assembly functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling.
Good balance is required to do many of the assembly functions.
Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
Position requires reaching approximately 3’ while handling equipment and parts that may weigh approximately 10#.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and welding.
Ability to taste or smell to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Apply Online at: www.stellarindustries.com
|Job Category||Assembly, Engineering|