Job Title: Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Summary Performs a variety of confidential, complex and routine administrative Human Resources duties, including employee record keeping, staffing functions, assisting in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the department, and providing administrative support for the human resources team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Answer and direct phone calls, serve as back-up receptionist.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Provide general support to employees and visitors.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Research and create presentations.
- Maintain filing system.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Assist with documentation, filing and administration duties relating to safety coordination and policy.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Prepare and provide specialized reports as requested from HRMS System.
- Cross-train with other HR Department personnel as requested.
- Work with Human Resources team members to streamline processes and increase productivity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Related work experience in Human Resources.
- Communication skills to work with various individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Strong team player.
- Skilled at discretion and patience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Planning and organization: an ability to plan and manage multiple projects as well as keep documents and files organized.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness on a consistent basis.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, Outlook and Access. Experience with Epicor ERP preferred but not required.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree in Human Resources or Business-related field from an accredited college; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Office and Administrative|