Job Title: Internal Assembly Trainer, 2nd Shift
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Quality Control or Technical Training
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Summary Responsible for instructing and implementing technical training programs targeted for internal Customer Service and Operation personnel as well as customers and distributors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Audits the assembly areas to assure compliance with Stellar procedures, practices and quality standards.
- Collects customer service reports, quality trends and other data to identify on-going training needs.
- Develops, qualifies, and writes methods and procedures for installation and assembly staff.
- Participate in the design, building, and auditing of installation and assembly templates, fixtures, and special tooling.
- Assists in the first article build of new features and options prior to turning over to production for assembly and/or installation.
Training – General
- Provide input towards the development of training materials and tools for both hands on and classroom activities.
- Works with Suppliers to coordinate on site 3rd party training.
- Maintains training material and facilities to optimize effectiveness of classroom training and updates as needed.
- Maintain personnel training database in coordination with Safety, Quality and HR including continual training requirements.
- Communication skills
- Mentoring attitude; emphasizing excellence
- Teaching skills; coaching and motivating
- Problem analysis, problem-solving, process improvement
- Must have exceptional mechanical and assembly skills
- Planning and organizing; managing processes
- Developing standards
- Presentation skills including multi-media
- Collaboration; cross functional involvement and buy-in
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some overnight travel by car or air is expected to accomplish customer location training as well as for training and personal development.
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Ability to read and understand professional publications.
- Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications and engineering drawings.
- Articulate and confident conversation skills.
- Ability to develop educational materials that are clear, concise and understandable.
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Familiar with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- Familiar with internet and internet applications.
- Solidworks experience a plus, must have the ability to learn Solidworks.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Assembly, Operations|