Job Title: IT Hardware/Software Technician
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Network & End User Support Supervisor
Summary: The position of IT Technician will consist of installing and maintaining IT infrastructure, including hardware and software support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install new infrastructure for data, security and voice communications. This will include installing CAT5 wiring and termination blocks. Installation of cabling will not be limited to twisted pairs.
- Adding new users as needed to VoIP system. Setting up and configuring voicemail features and training of the end users.
- First Level help desk responsibilities. These will include end user support for Microsoft products and other third-party vendors.
- Active Directory users, computers, and permissions.
- Working with Maintenance on PLC and CNC equipment in the shop. This will include connecting these machines to our network.
- Installation and maintenance of wireless access points and bar code readers.
- Installation of end user PC’s, including the creation and maintenance of new user training material.
- Preventative maintenance on network equipment.
- Work under the direction from the Network Administrator.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must live within 30-minute radius of Garner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education AND Experience:
- High School Degree or GED required
- A+ certification and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The position of IT Technician will involve daily verbal and written communications with our employees. It is extremely important that the person filling this position display the highest standards possible by:
- Using courteous and friendly techniques to convey understanding when dealing with our employees in person, via email, and on the telephone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our employees needs or concerns.
- Promptly following-up on support calls.
- Must be understanding to employees varying intellectual skills.
- Individual must have good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Individual must have a good understanding of, and show implementation of, Stellar Industries, Inc. information needs, policies and procedures.
- Confidentiality is a must as access to sensitive information will occur.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as flow charts, routing tables, operation and technical service manuals or the ability to learn.
- An understanding of IP structures and subnetting masks.
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs., crawl and climb ladders, and sit at a desk for extended periods of time. Familiarity and use with small hand tools.
- Ability to work non-conventional hours. Normal hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and as needed with on call duties in a rotation time frame.
- Pleasant telephone and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Basic math including fundamentals required.
- Able to follow established procedures.
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- Familiarity or the ability to learn to use Epicor MRP software.
- Problem solving using PC based software utilities.
- Excellent reasoning and abstract problem-solving skills using legacy utilities.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Information Technology|