Job Title: Janitor – 1st Shift
Location: Garner, IA
Reports To: Maintenance Department Manager
Summary: Responsible for performing custodial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas, and other building interior and exteriors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Occasionally use ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures.
- Cleans and replaces blinds
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas.
- May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Able to work alone, self-directed
- Specific Job Skills
- Some Computer Skills
- Have valid driver’s license.
An example is shown here for the role above:
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Specific Job Skills: Having some organization skills helpful.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on a concrete floor all day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50#.
None to very limited.
Occasionally to move items in order to clean areas.
Occasionally to reach areas to be cleaned.
Good balance is required.
Position requires occasionally climbing and occasional reaching approximately 5’ [eye level]; overhead reaching is limited while handling parts.
Grasping and pinching is required to handle all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required.
Taste or smelling to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Maintenance, Operations|