Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Garner, IA
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Summary: Perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operational manuals and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery, and mechanical equipment as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor. Also performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Maintenance Technician’s job, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understand them and other technical documents required by the job of Maintenance Technician.
- Be able to attend and complete any specialized training required to be able to perform all aspects of a maintenance technician. To allow technician to perform repairs and preventive maintenance as needed in a wide variety of equipment and machine tools.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment, and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be able to provide all of the proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills as listed
- Computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other technical documents
- Have mechanical skills.
An example is shown here for the role above:
Person profile –Maintenance Technician
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player. Be able to change direction while working on projects to cover emergency repairs as they arise.
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in crouched position at times, crawl under or in equipment, and other items being worked on. Climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job.
Specific Job Skills: Must have basic hydraulic, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical aptitude. Must be able to operate hand and power tools.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus but not necessary.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints, various types of measuring devices, and technical data. Must be able to read and follow detailed instructions.
Additional Physical requirements
Position may require standing on a concrete floor all day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50# all assembly bays have crane hoists that are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight. Items may require two or more to lift if needed.
- Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waste. (36”)
None to very limited.
Climbing ladders is also a normal part of job.
Position requires being able to pushing/puling.
Maintenance functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling.
Good balance is required to do many of the jobs functions.
Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
Position requires reaching approximately 3’ while handling equipment and parts that may weigh approximately 10#.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and welding.
Taste or smelling to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment. Maintenance people are required to furnish their own basic tools required for the job.