Garner, Iowa – Stellar Industries has developed an innovative new electric crane to help operators save weight on their mechanics trucks. The leading manufacturer of truck-mounted equipment unveiled the lightweight EC3200 Aluminum telescopic service crane — the mechanics truck market’s only aluminum service crane — at The Work Truck Show (Booth 3267).
Expanding the EC Series of telescopic service cranes, the new EC3200 Aluminum telescopic crane is more than 30 percent lighter than its steel counterpart. This significant weight savings offers operators the ability to carry more payload on their mechanics truck without sacrificing crane performance.
The compact Stellar® EC3200 Aluminum Telescopic Crane weighs just 500 pounds — 230 pounds less than the steel version of the EC3200. Exclusive aluminum extrusion construction and proprietary design and manufacturing techniques ensure the strength of the crane, which offers 3,200 pounds of lifting capacity and 15 feet of horizontal reach.
Rated 11,500 foot-pounds (1.59 ton-meters), the EC3200 Aluminum crane is ideal for service bodies with crane reinforcement kits. The unit’s lightweight design, ease of operation, and economical pricing make it especially well suited for municipal, oil and gas, and rental fleets.
The introduction of the EC3200 Aluminum crane builds on Stellar’s long-standing success in manufacturing aluminum truck bodies. Stellar has been the top supplier of aluminum tire service bodies to North American markets for more than 25 years and rolled out the TMAX™ Aluminum Series of mechanics truck bodies in 2017.
“We’ve proven that aluminum construction can be lightweight, strong and durable if advanced design and manufacturing methods are used,” said Tim Davison, Stellar Industries Senior Product
Manager. “The new EC3200 Aluminum is the lightest 3,200-pound crane in the industry, giving our customers the freedom to carry more on their trucks — tools, parts, a lube skid, or anything else they need to do their jobs better.”
The crane’s aluminum construction provides not only significant weight savings, but also superior corrosion resistance for lower maintenance and longer equipment life. Enhanced corrosion resistance can be especially beneficial for customers that work in harsh northern climates or near saltwater in coastal areas. Like other members of the EC Series family, the Stellar® EC3200 Aluminum telescopic service crane incorporates a variety of beneficial features including:
* A low-profile design for work in confined areas.
* A robust gear bearing rotation system with a high-strength steel ball bearing turntable gear, a high strength steel worm gear, and a cast steel worm gear housing.
* A planetary winch to ensure the winch will continue lifting until it reaches the full rated capacity.
* 410 degrees of rotation with an integrated rotation stop to provide excellent performance while protecting wires and hoses from damage. For more information, visit www.stellarindustries.com, call (800) 321-3741 or submit an online request form.
# # #
Stellar Industries, Inc. was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa. It is an employee owned and operated manufacturer of hydraulic truck mounted equipment. Products include hooklift hoists, cable hoists, container carriers, telescopic cranes, articulating cranes, and work truck accessories. Stellar also offers complete mechanic service truck and tire service truck packages. Stellar is a progressive company that focuses on its people, as they are the key to making the products and the company successful.
- Stellar Industries Responds to COVID-19 March 20, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 18, 2020
- Stellar Industries Introduces Stellar® Telematics for Service Trucks March 6, 2020
- Stellar Industries adds Curry Supply as Arizona and New Mexico Distributor February 20, 2020
- Stellar Hires New Product Manager August 1, 2019