Automation Engineer II
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
As an Automation Engineer at Stellar, you'll play a crucial role in developing and implementing automation for optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Not only will you be contributing to the overall success of our products, but you'll also be part of a company that is widely known and loved for being an exceptional employer. At Stellar, we prioritize the happiness and well-being of our employees, offering a positive work environment where you'll feel valued and connected. Join us in upholding our high standards and making a real impact on our products and customers.
· Analyze, design, and implement manufacturing concepts and cells using effective systems, lean principles, and simulation tools to optimize; use of space, equipment, material usage, process flow and personnel standard work (reduce motion and waste).
· Support all current and new product introductions as it relates to the manufacturing process.
· Assist all production operations in improvements to reduce throughput time and improve quality.
· Stay informed of new manufacturing technologies and equipment to support and improve the manufacturability of quality products in a cost-effective manner.
· Lead or assist with cost reduction efforts through re-engineering of the product, material, and the process.
· Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment, and operations for better utilization of space and workflows.
· Determine root causes of poor manufacturing process performance and work to diminish occurrences.
· Assist in the assessment of automation vendor/subcontractor evaluation to ensure the manufacturing processes are in accordance with Stellar specifications and quality standards.
· Initiate and promote a culture of continuous improvement, especially as it relates to cost, quality, safety.
· Responsible for the development of technology support strategies.
· Prepare quotations for labor, tooling, and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
· Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
· Evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specs, and other documents.
· Ensure training is conducted to introduce new processes.
· Works for specifying machine needs with integrators and troubleshooting automation on site.
· Programming of new processes, parts
General Competencies Required
· Capital improvement
· Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency
· Computer proficiency
· MRP Systems experience preferred
· Process improvement
· Problem Resolution
· Project Management
· Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency
· Weld Experience
· Computer Proficient with the ability to work fluently with Microsoft 365 Suite.
· Knowledge of statistics is required with general numeracy, coupled with good interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
· B.S. degree in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or related field is preferred.
· Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
· Experience in manufacturing engineering or a commensurate level of experience with related products. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to communicate verbally, in writing and make presentations.
· Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
· While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· The employee frequently is required to talk and hear, and frequently required to reach, stoop, kneel and crouch.
· Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
· Employee will be required to work indoors in a shop environment and outside in all weather conditions.
· May be required to use safety glasses while performing specific tasks or while in manufacturing areas.
· Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Posted on: 2023-07-11 02:59 PM
— or —
Text “Stellar” to 97211 to start