Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads efforts for creating an enterprise Lean standard tool kit.
- Lead Kaizen events, both short-term blitzes and extended duration Kaizen projects.
- Provides functional continuous improvement support for all manufacturing locations including improvement of visual controls, 6S and all other elements of the House of Lean.
- Complete production time studies and the corresponding labor analysis. Primary focus on labor reduction, waste elimination and increasing our productivity rates.
- Assist with the development and deployment of tracking systems and metrics to track and report business results related to continuous improvement projects.
- Apply engineering techniques to evaluate, design, develop, test and implement integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality and inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
- Applies statistical methods and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards (capacity and labor models).
- Considers workflow efficiencies, lean improvement, and safety risk reduction measures when designing industrial work cell layouts.
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.
General Competencies Required:
- Capital improvement.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
- Computer proficiency.
- MRP Systems experience preferred (specifically Epicor).
- Lean Methodology
- Event organization and leadership.
- Process Improvement.
- Problem Resolution.
- Project Management.
- Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Computer Proficient with the ability to work fluently with Microsoft 365 Suite.
- Knowledge of statistics is required with general numeracy, coupled with good interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
- Must have knowledge of computers, welding and assembly practices, tools and fixturing.
- Ability to communicate verbally, in writing and make presentations.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must excel at working in a team environment.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear, and frequently required to reach, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Employee will be required to work indoors in a shop environment and also outside in all weather conditions.
- May be required to use safety glasses while performing specific tasks or while in manufacturing areas.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Posted on: 2023-12-13 03:24 PM