Inspection and Quality Control Technician – STT – Starting at $21.45+ per hour
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Are you someone who takes pride in ensuring that quality and standards are met? Do you have an eye for detail that could put an eagle to shame? If so, then this position might just be the perfect fit for you! As an Inspection & Quality Control Technician at Stellar, you'll play a crucial role in inspecting finished units and materials to guarantee top-notch quality and identify any defects. Not only will you be contributing to the overall success of our products, but you'll also be part of a company that is widely known and loved for being an exceptional employer. At Stellar, we prioritize the happiness and well-being of our employees, offering a positive work environment where you'll feel valued and connected. Join us in upholding our high standards and making a real impact on our products and customers.
· Be capable of performing all aspects of the Inspector position
· Must be able to get and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) pass DOT physical and be willing to submit to random drug tests as required.
· Responsible for signing for, inspecting, and checking in all new and used chassis that are delivered to Stellar Industries, Inc in coordination with the Final Inspection Manger
· Verify the performance specification and completed weights of Stellar products.
· Inspecting, testing, and reporting for various organizational standards including ANSI, FMVSS, and DOT.
· Must be able to get and maintain a Crane Inspector Certification if required
· Be capable of reading drawings, understanding dimensional callouts, and other technical documentation as required by the job of Inspector.
· May be required to complete an internal welder-training program and inspect weld operations for defects as part of job responsibilities.
· Work with purchasing department to review quality issues and required documentation that is needed from vendors.
· Work with engineering, manufacturing, and sales to verify end customers finished product.
· Run tests on all products as needed to guarantee a quality finished product for customer.
· Inspect components, subassemblies, and assemblies. Inspect trucks and products as they are finished.
· Perform inspections for compliance and standards.
· Working with other employees as part of a team as well as individually
· Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
· Be capable of reading blueprints/work order, other technical documents required by the job
· Continually demonstrates a productive, non-disruptive work ethic.
· Works in a way to create no/limited scrap or rework, works to continually improve quality level.
· Follows all company safety rules as laid out in company safety manual and all other company policies.
· Maintain company equipment/work areas in a clean, orderly manner.
· Be able to safely us the proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
· Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Able to commit to welding training provided to by the Company
· Willing to cross train SOP as required by supervisor/manager
· Successfully complete weld test prior to job offers
· Able to follow work orders precisely with little to no error
· Read work orders and tape measure/measuring equipment
· Have mechanical skills, some computer skills
· 6 months similar experience or Weld Program Certification from an accredited Trade School or Vocational Program preferred
· Must be authorized to work in the US
· Position will require standing on concrete floor during majority of shift, not including break times
· Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs and/or push up to 200lbs
· Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waist. (38”)
· Candidate must be able to reach/grab parts up to 10lbs
· Some functions may include climbing ladders. Appx 5’.
· Some functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling
· Good hand dexterity and balance is required to operate all equipment necessary
· Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
· Daily use of 5 senses to maintain safety for the team and self.
Posted on: 2023-09-16 12:36 PM
— or —
Text “Stellar” to 97211 to start