Inspection Rework Lead – Starting at $23.25+ per hour
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Direct day-to-day activities within the inspection/rework area to assure that the productivity, quality and safety level of assigned area meet all company goals for that area.
- Perform all aspects of the Lead Person’s role, working with others as part of a team, while being prompt and on time daily for work (approx. 1/2 hour before and after shift).
- Provide direction to area employees and follow up on that direction, while acting as a positive role model for workers within work area.
- Read and understand blueprints and other technical documents and be able to review this information with others to resolve problems as they occur.
- May be required to complete an internal assembly-training program and perform assembly operations as part of job responsibilities if required by job duties.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually promote a productive and non-disruptive work environment.
- Works to create no or limited scrap and rework within area and works to continually improve quality level within that area.
- Follow all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Attend workshops and other training as directed by the company to work to constantly improve leadership skills.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment according to department standards.
- Provide daily direction to Inspection/Rework associates (50%)
- Lead daily huddle
- Short Interval Follow-up Tour (SIFT)
- Procure missing parts for incomplete trucks
- Compete rework items on trucks (25%)
- Outside vendors (10%)
- Work with sales and outside vendor to procure and schedule decal installations
- Decal installation
- Customer supplied product
- Record Keeping (Paylocity) (10%)
- Timecard/Time Off Management
- Journal Entries
- MRP System (Epicor)
- Part Tracker
- Job Tracker
- Method Tracker
- Part History
- Time Phase
- Issue & Return parts
- Report quantity
- Meetings (3%)
- Daily – Part Shortages
- Weekly – Lost Time, Action Tracker/5S
- Monthly – Quality
- Disciplinary Responsibilities (As necessary)
- Support and enforce current and future company policy.
- Material handling (minimal). (As necessary)
- Other duties may be assigned. (2%)
- Works well as team leader
- Able to follow direction of manager
- Work constructively with management and shop floor personnel
- Collaborate with Production Supervisors from other departments to resolve quality issues/write-ups
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Mechanical skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- MRP Experience/ability to learn MRP System (Epicor)
- Problem solving abilities (identify problems and offer/implement solutions)
- Willingness to try new processes/layouts/methods
- Positive attitude toward others
Posted on: 2023-11-15 05:10 PM