Internal Assembly Trainer
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
The Internal Assembly Trainer is responsible for instructing and implementing technical training programs targeted for Operational personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Audits the assembly areas to assure compliance with Stellar procedures, practices and quality standards.
- Conducts training sessions with operational personnel in both a classroom environment as well as on the job training.
- Develops, qualifies, and writes methods and procedures for installation and assembly staff.
- Participate in the design, building, and auditing of installation and assembly templates, fixtures, and special tooling.
- Assists in the first article build of new features and options prior to turning over to production for assembly and/or installation.
Training - General
- Provide input towards the development of training materials and tools for both hands on and classroom activities.
- Maintains training material and facilities to optimize effectiveness of classroom training and updates as needed.
- Maintain personnel training database in coordination with Safety, Quality and HR including continual training requirements.
- Communication skills
- Mentoring attitude; emphasizing excellence
- Teaching skills; coaching and motivating
- Problem analysis, problem-solving, process improvement
- Must have exceptional mechanical and assembly skills
- Planning and organizing; managing processes
- Developing standards
- Presentation skills including multi-media
- Collaboration; cross functional involvement and buy-in
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some overnight travel by car or air is expected for training and personal development.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Ability to read and understand professional publications.
- Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications and engineering drawings.
- Articulate and confident conversation skills.
- Ability to develop educational materials that are clear, concise and understandable.
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Familiar with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- Familiar with internet and internet applications.
- Solidworks experience a plus, must have the ability to learn Solidworks.
- Ability to learn Smartsheet Software.
Posted on: 2024-02-12 04:27 PM