Paint Preparation Technician (2nd Shift) – Starting at $20.25+ per hour – $4,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Are you ready to add some color to your career? Look no further! Stellar is seeking a talented and detail-oriented Paint Prep Technician to join our team. As a Paint Prep Technician, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of finished products, from mechanic bodies to tire service bodies, chassis, and more. We value your basic painting and mechanical aptitude, as well as your ability to read blueprints and use measuring devices proficiently. While basic computer skills are a plus, they are not necessary for this position. At Stellar, we take immense pride in our reputation as a loved employer. We create a positive and supportive work environment where our employees feel connected and appreciated. Join us and discover why our employees love their jobs at Stellar!
· Be capable of performing all aspects of the paint prep area, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
· Willingness to take direction from area supervision to complete orders in a timely manner
· Be capable of reading work orders and understanding technical documents required by the job an assembler.
· Have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment, learn all aspects of job as required.
· Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
· Works in such a way as to create no or limited scrap or rework, works to continually improve quality level.
· Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
· Maintain company equipment/work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
· Be able to operate all proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
· Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Prior basic painting and bodywork aptitude
· Read blueprints/work orders
· Basic manufacturing background and mechanical aptitude
· Basic Computer Skills
· Exceptional Attendance
· Be able to climb ladders, sitting/standing as needed to do job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job.
· Position will require standing on concrete floor during majority of shift, not including break times
· Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs and/or push up to 50lbs.
· Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waist. (36”)
· Candidate must be able to reach/grab parts up to 10lbs
· Some functions may include climbing ladders. Appx 5’.
· Some functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling
· Good hand dexterity and balance is required to operate all equipment necessary
· Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
· Daily use of 5 senses to maintain safety for the team and self.
Posted on: 2023-09-18 07:35 PM
— or —
Text “Stellar” to 97211 to start