Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Direct and Manage manufacturing activities at Stellar Industries to assure the cost, quality, schedule, personal development, and safety initiatives meet company goals, through planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental leads to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely, cost effective, and safe manner.
- Increase production by providing leadership and developing strategic plans.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Establish, monitor and report department(s) performance for production and quality standards.
- Complete ERP data entries involving labor reporting, job reporting, receiving and issuing inventory.
- Initiate and promote a culture of continuous improvement, especially as it relates to cost, quality, safety, and personal development of direct reports.
- Incorporate and support shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among supervisors and production personnel.
- Review, report, and make recommendations on labor and equipment requirements.
- Attend workshops and other training as directed by the company to work to constantly improve essential skills.
- Leadership; demonstrated ability to lead people to get results.
- Planning; ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day timeframe and prepare action plans.
- Supervision; employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
- Employee Relations, Training, Coaching, and Development.
- Measurement of performance goals and standards.
- Working knowledge of all manufacturing practices; equipment and processes, specifically fabrication methods, weld processes, paint practices, and assembly and installation systems.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Computer skills are required, along with a good working knowledge of MS Office 365.
- Inventory management.
- Manufacturing Methods.
- Computer Skills, including manufacturing system software.
- Process Improvement, including lean tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
Preferred Qualification and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Background with manufacturing practices/methods and process improvement programs required.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Posted on: 2023-08-08 10:42 PM
— or —
Text “Stellar” to 97211 to start