The Quality Engineer will provide support to Production, Design and Manufacturing Engineering for quality concerns at Stellar Industries, Inc. They will work with all managers, process owners, supervisors, and technicians to define, measure, and correct any issues noted during the manufacturing process.
This position is responsible for monitoring and driving improvements to the quality of components or products produced, and may involve participation on project teams and leading projects. This includes ensuring current components and products comply to specifications, implementing and sustaining controls, and driving continuous improvements to products and processes.
· Collaborate across functions and sites, leveraging quality and manufacturing expertise to troubleshoot problems, interpret data and determine next steps with a risk-based approach.
· Implements and audits company quality systems.
· Communicates quality issues with responsible team members.
· Assist with regulatory, customer and internal audits
· Applies statistical methodology to evaluate current processes and process changes.
· Leads or participates in the development of process and procedure development/changes..
· Perform system, process and product audits
· Develops new approaches to solve problems identified as part of the team..
· Collect, analyze, trend and report out on quality metrics
· Be a technical resource for the initiation and implementation of cost improvement plans on new and existing programs
· Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality through work with responsible internal and external parties.
· Act as a positive role model for all co-workers
· Promote a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within the company.
· Continuously promotes and fosters a culture of working safety.
· Other duties may be assigned as needed.
· Preferred B.S. degree in Scientific or Mathematical discipline.
· Equivalent experience/education combination will be considered.
· A minimum of 5 years related experience is preferred.
· Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Posted on: 2024-01-18 04:34 PM