Regional Sales Manager – Ag & Utility Trailers
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
The Regional Sales Manager manages sales activities of a specified geographical region for Stellar Industries by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In coordination with Sales Director, RSM is responsible for penetrating assigned markets by establishing a network of committed distributors that are responsive to changing market dynamics and are able to meet product and services needs of all customers in all markets served
- Conducts territory analyses to determine appropriate distributor coverage for Stellar products and services
- Establishes business networking relationships with key industry contacts, including competitive distributors
- Maintains positive commercial relationships with key end-user customers to guide in developing distribution network
- In coordination with Sales Director, directs channel development activity and establishes distributor sales forecasts activities and sets performance goals accordingly to meet or exceed Stellar sales targets.
- Works with distribution to establish and execute plans that allows them to effectively and profitably penetrate their assigned markets for Stellar products
- Keeps distribution informed of current Stellar policies, pricing and promotions
- Trains distributor personnel to effectively promote and sell Stellar products
- Delivers sales presentations to key end-user customers in coordination with distributor sales representatives.
- Meets with key end-user customers, assisting distributor sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating deals.
- Coordinates liaison between distribution and Stellar Industries.
- Responsible for effective and productive travel and entertainment expenses in accordance to budget
- Prepares periodic sales reports regarding sales activities and key field intelligence
- Prepare timely quotes and review customer orders for accuracy and completeness, and ensure Stellar products meet required customer order specifications and requirements.
- Always address and communicate with distributors and customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Complete assignments or projects concerning territory topics in a timely and effective manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive overnight travel by car or air is expected which may include week-ends according to territory sales development and national trade show needs
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a CDL
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and customer and governmental bid requests
- Write reports, and business correspondence
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from distributors, end-user customers and business contacts in general
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to follow established procedures
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning
- Good problem solving ability
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Familiar with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs
- Familiar with internet and internet applications
Posted on: 2023-11-15 03:23 PM