Technical Service Representative
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
The position of Technical Service Representative will involve daily verbal and written communications with Stellar Industries’ customers to receive, process and enter customer orders and return goods requests as well as to troubleshoot product issues over the phone or occasionally travel to fix equipment at customer location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process and enter customer orders received by phone, fax or e-mail. Review customer orders for accuracy and completeness, and ensure Stellar service parts meet required customer order specifications and requirements.
- Review customer order status; keep abreast of inventory status and manufacturing conditions to be able to react in a manner to meet customer requirements. Coordinate and expedite orders in conjunction with production control and shipping to ensure timely completion and shipment. Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries regarding pricing, order status and changes to status, product availability and product information.
- Provide authorization to customers for the return of Stellar products. Process necessary returned goods documentation and corresponding credit memos.
- Process and enter various billing adjustments and/or credits including warranty, freight, tax, pricing credits or debits.
- Update and maintain customer files
- Always address and communicate with customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Complete assignments or projects concerning customer data, warranty, or other pertinent topics in a timely and effective manner.
- Be capable of reading and understanding blue prints and other technical documents required to perform equipment installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- The ability to consult with engineering and other technical resources as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications The position of Customer Service Representative will involve daily verbal and written communications with our customers. It is extremely important that the person filling this position display the highest standards possible by:
- Using courteous and friendly techniques to convey understanding when dealing with our customers in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our customers needs or concerns.
- Promptly following-up on customer service calls.
- Being firm, yet fair, when dealing with a warranty consideration.
- Individual must have good computer and keyboarding skills
- Individual must have a good understanding of, and show implementation of, Stellar Industries, Inc. sales, service, policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Sales department to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as blue prints, operation and technical service manuals or the ability to learn.
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs., and sit at a desk for extended periods of time
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a good working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical wiring, welding and metal fabrication.
- Ability to read blue prints and perform or instruct work to conform to the prints.
- Understanding of shop tools and functions and the ability to instruct employees on safe and proper use.
- Familiar with the use of volt ohmmeter, high voltage tester, tachometer, heat sensors, pneumatic and hydraulic flow and pressure meters.
- Ability to instruct and advise on basic hydraulic truck equipment trouble shooting, repair and installation. Training on specific equipment may be needed and made available.
- Pleasant telephone and strong interpersonal skills
- Good writing and communication skills
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Able to follow established procedures
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning
- Good problem-solving ability
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs
- Familiar or the ability to learn Epicor (ERP Software)
Posted on: 2024-02-02 07:02 PM