Job Title: Assembly Process Technician
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Lead
Summary Responsible for developing and auditing manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Audits the assembly areas to assure compliance with Stellar procedures, practices and quality standards.
- Develops, qualifies, and writes methods and procedures for installation and assembly staff.
- Participate in the design, building, and auditing of installation and assembly templates, fixtures, and special tooling.
- Assists in the first article build of new features and options prior to turning over to production for assembly and/or installation.
- Trains current assembly staff on newly developed procedures and practices as needed.
- Works in unison with the IAT on new projects needing to get implemented to the floor.
- Communication skills
- Mentoring attitude; emphasizing excellence
- Teaching skills; coaching and motivating
- Problem analysis, problem-solving, process improvement
- Must have exceptional mechanical and assembly skills
- Planning and organizing; managing processes
- Developing standards
- Presentation skills including multi-media
- Collaboration; cross functional involvement and buy-in
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal travel is required for this position. Traveling to Kanawha will be required occasionally.
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Ability to read and understand professional publications.
- Ability to read and understand company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications and engineering drawings.
- Articulate and confident conversation skills.
- Ability to develop educational materials that are clear, concise and understandable.
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Familiar with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- Familiar with internet and internet applications.
- SolidWorks experience a plus, must have the ability to learn SolidWorks.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Assembly, Operations|