Job Title: Assistant Product Manager
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Product Manager, Sales & Marketing Department
Summary Assists in the planning, organization, and controlling assigned Stellar Industries’ product lines from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing and sales plans for product line; coordinates engineering and financial plans with respective department heads or designees.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company’s industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company’s product line.
- Provides overall sales support for the product line including coordinating with appropriate resources the development of sales training and support material
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some basic understanding of physics and machinery is preferred
- Light to moderate overnight travel by car or air is expected which may include week-ends according to product development & support and national trade show needs
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a CDL
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs
- Familiar or the ability to learn to use current ERP System
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing|