Job Title: Back-up Lead, 1st Shift
Location: Kanawha, IA
Department: Assembly Department
Reports To: Assembly Department Lead & Supervisor
Summary: In absence of Lead Person, direct day-to day activities with in an assigned area to assure that the productivity, quality and safety level of assigned area meet all company goals for that area. Preparation for as well as assembling of and training fellow employees on how to properly assemble within the Assembly department mechanic bodies, tire service bodies, miscellaneous parts and on occasion chassis or other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain two-way communication with peers and superiors.
- Ability to be motivated with positive reinforcement to achieve results.
- Skilled in all phases of the assembly department from the beginning of process to finished product.
- Fill in the gaps at all positions as employees are absent or use vacation.
- Must possess the ability to train staff members on use of proper tools and processes for all positions.
- Feedback on how new employees are progressing and understanding their duties.
- Understand and uphold Company quality standards.
- Understand the surface definition and locations document pertaining to all Stellar bodies.
- Maintain the assembly area every day to ensure consistent products.
- Assess work flow through the department and provide feedback for potential process improvements.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Works in such a way as to create no or limited rework and works to continually improve quality level.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Basic computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
An example is shown here for the role above:
Person profile – Back-Up Lead
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in crouched position at times, crawl under trucks, climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job. For more specific physical requirements see reverse side.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus but not necessary.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints; may be required to use various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on concrete floor full day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of weight lifted is 50#. Crane hoists are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight. What height are object lifted to? 36” [floor to waist]
Sitting on occasion.
Some climbing a 5’ or 7’ ladder is also required.
Position requires being able to push/pull 2 and 4 wheel carts weighing approx. 200#.
Crouching and kneeling may be required on occasion.
Good balance is required.
Job duties may require minimum amount of crawling
Position requires reaching approx. 3’ while handling equipment weighing approx. 10#.
Grasping/pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job function. Good hand dexterity is required to move hand in different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints.
It is important to be able to detect something burning. The work done in area may create a dusty environment.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org