Job Title: Chassis Prep, 1st Shift
Location: Garner, IA
Reports To: Chassis Prep Lead Person and Area Supervisor
Summary: Chassis prep trucks or other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Truck Assembly area, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understanding them and other technical documents required by the job of Truck Assembler.
- Be capable of reading manuals and electrical schematics with ability to interpret Engineering drawings.
- May be required to complete an internal assembly-training program and perform assembly operations as part of job responsibilities.
- May be required to complete an internal welder-training program and perform weld operations as part of job responsibilities.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment, and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Works in such a way as to create no or limited scrap or rework and works to continually improve quality level.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be able to provide all of the proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
- Have mechanical skills.
- MRP Experience/ability to learn MPR System
An example is shown here for the role above:
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in crouched position at times, crawl under trucks, climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job. For more specific physical requirements see reverse side.
Specific Job Skills: Having some basic hydraulic, electrical, welding, and mechanical aptitude helpful.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills and MRP experience helpful or ability to learn MRP system.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints, various types of measuring devices including tape measures.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on a concrete floor all day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50# all assembly bays have crane hoists that are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight.
- Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waste. (36”)
None to very limited.
Some assembly areas require climbing stairs while carrying small parts. Climbing a 5’ to 6’ ladder is also required
Position requires being able to push/pull 2 and 4-wheel carts weighing approx. 200#.
Putting on hoses and other assembly functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling.
Good balance is required to do many of the assembly functions.
Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
Position requires reaching approximately 3’ while handling equipment and parts that may weigh approximately 10#.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and welding.
Taste or smelling to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment. Assemblers are required to furnish their own basic tools required for the job.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com