Job Title: Database Administrator (with Application Support)
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Manager
Summary: This position will be responsible for the company HR system. This position will maintain and upgrade the current system along with maintaining daily processes to keep the business running. After hours support for the system will be required including weekends and holidays as needed to allow for continuity of business work flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage Windows servers that run database systems.
- Manage SAN storage device for database systems.
- Manage SQL databases including backups.
- Manage nightly processes and making sure that they complete.
- HRMS Web Portal
- Provide a backup for ERP Administrator
- Work with I.T. team to make sure new workstations perform as desired.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Confidentiality is a must as access to sensitive information will occur.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research for trouble shooting.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work non-conventional hours. Normal hours will be 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and as needed with on call duties.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of servers and SAN storage.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, up to 45 lbs., such as servers and peripherals.
Education and/or Experience Preferred
- College diploma or university degree/military training in an IT field and/or a combination of 5 years equivalent work experience desired.
- Basic MRP/ERP concepts.
- SQL database administration.
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply online at: www.stellarindustries.com
|Job Category||Information Technology|