Job Title: Industrial Painter
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Paint Department
Reports To: Paint Department Lead Person and Area Supervisor
Summary: Painting of mechanic bodies, tire service bodies, miscellaneous parts and on occasion chassis or other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Paint Department, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understanding them and other technical documents such as paint mixing procedures as required by the job of industrial painter.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with painting techniques, and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Works in such a way as to create no or limited scrap or rework and works to continually improve quality level.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be able to provide all of the proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other related documents
An example is shown here for the role above:
Person profile –Industrial Painter
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in crouched position at times, crawl under trucks, climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Also may require pounding of pins and bushings in with sledgehammers. Be able to lift a maximum of 50lbs. at times as required by job. Job may require some heavy assembly work. For more specific physical requirements see reverse side.
Specific Job Skills: Having some basic painting and bodywork aptitude helpful.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus but not necessary.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints, demonstrate the ability to read paint codes and mix paint, also may be required to use various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on a concrete floor all day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50#. Crane hoists are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight.
- Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waist. (36”)
Sitting on occasion when sanding, caulking, or masking bodies or parts.
Some paint prep requires climbing a 5’ or 7’ ladder is also required.
Position requires being able to push/pull 2 and 4 wheel carts weighing approx. 200#.
Crouching, squatting, and kneeling may be required on occasion when sanding caulking, or masking body parts..
Good balance is required.
Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
Position requires reaching approximately 3’ while handling equipment and parts that may weigh approximately 10#.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and checking bodies and parts for flaws in materials or paint.
Taste or smelling is important to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking. The work done in area may create a dusty environment.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org