Job Title: Inside Sales
Location: Mason City, IA
Department: Stellar Truck & Trailer (STT)
Reports To: General Manager
Summary: The position of Sales Representative will involve daily verbal and written communications with Stellar Truck & Trailer (STT) customers to develop, receive, process and enter customer orders as well as to handle general product information inquiries. This position will assist walk in customers and provide sales support as needed as well as assist with support to the Outside Sales position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process and enter customer orders received by phone, fax or e-mail. Review customer orders for accuracy and completeness, and ensure STT products meet required customer order specifications and requirements.
- Evaluate customer inquiries to clarify and understand their needs to best provide them with a solution including a quotation if appropriate. Coordinate with Shop Foreman as needed to schedule any installation requirements.
- Review customer order status; keep abreast of inventory status and manufacturing conditions to be able to react in a manner to meet customer requirements. Coordinate and expedite orders in conjunction with Shop Foreman to ensure timely completion and shipment. Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries regarding pricing, order status and changes to status, product availability and product information.
- Update and maintain customer files including general filing of customer orders, quotes and other pertinent information.
- Always address and communicate with customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Complete assignments or projects concerning customer data, warranty, or other pertinent topics in a timely and effective manner.
- Support overall sales efforts as needed.
- Actively support/maintain STT website inventory (used vehicles/product). Keep pricing & supporting documents “fresh” and up to date. Working with vendors to ensure “one-off’s” and clearance product is up to date (e.g. American Eagle).
- Responsible for evaluating trade-in value of customer product.
- Maintaining STT Used Inventory accuracy and diligently pursuing methods to turn this product while maintaining profitability.
- Continually build the STT brand through Marketing efforts, such as attending tradeshows, fairs and events.
- Maintain chassis/body on dealer inventory
- Working with chassis dealers on ship build dates
- Chassis check-in; timely chassis assigning upon arrival at STT location.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications The position of Sales Representative will involve daily verbal and written communications with our customers. It is extremely important that the person filling this position display the highest standards possible by:
- Using courteous and friendly techniques to convey understanding when dealing with our customers in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our customers’ needs or concerns.
- Promptly following-up on incoming calls.
- Negotiate and close sales within pricing and other sales policies established by STT General Management
- Individual must have good computer and keyboarding skills
- Individual must have a good understanding of, and show implementation of, STT sales & service policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with entire STT organization as needed to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as sales literature, operation and technical service manuals or the ability to learn.
- Ability to work Saturdays
- Able to be trained to operate POS system with some cash handling
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs., and sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Limited overnight travel by car or air is expected which may include week-ends
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a CDL
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desirable.
- Pleasant telephone and strong interpersonal skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Able to follow established procedures
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning
- Good problem-solving ability
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Creative at finding new ways to promote STT and increase sales and profit
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs with experience in Microsoft Excel
- Familiar or the ability to learn to us existing enterprise software
- Experience with Craig’s List, eBay and other alternative Sales mediums
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing, Stellar Truck & Trailer|