Job Title: Inside Sales
Location: Garner, IA
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Summary: The position of Inside Sales will involve daily verbal and written communications with Stellar Industries’ customers as assigned to provide accurate quotations and product information; to receive, process and enter customer orders as well as to handle general product information inquiries. This position will support and participate in outside sales calls and activities as directed by the Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate customer inquiries to clarify and understand their needs to best provide them with a solution including a quotation if appropriate. Coordinate with product management as required.
- Process and enter customer orders received by phone, fax or e-mail. Review customer orders for accuracy and completeness, and ensure Stellar® products meet required customer order specifications and requirements.
- Review customer order status; keep abreast of inventory status and manufacturing conditions to be able to react in a manner to meet customer requirements. Coordinate and expedite orders in conjunction with production control and shipping to ensure timely completion and shipment. Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries regarding pricing, order status and changes to status, product availability and product information.
- Process and enter various billing adjustments and/or credits including warranty, freight, and tax.
- Update and maintain customer files including general filing of customer orders, quotes and other pertinent information.
- Always address and communicate with customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Complete assignments or projects concerning customer data, warranty, or other pertinent topics in a timely and effective manner.
- Support all Inside Sales activities and colleagues as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications The position of Inside sales will involve daily verbal and written communications with our customers. It is extremely important that the person filling this position display the highest standards possible by:
- Must have good understanding and knowledge of Stellar® product sold to assigned customers or the ability to learn.
- Using courteous and friendly techniques to convey understanding when dealing with our customers in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our customers’ needs or concerns.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail when executing Chassis responsibilities with particular attention to MSO’s and Bills of Sale.
- Promptly follow-up on incoming calls.
- Individual must have good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Individual must have a good understanding of, and show implementation of, Stellar Industries sales & service, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with entire Stellar organization as needed to meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as sales literature, operation and technical service manuals or the ability to learn.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs., and sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desirable.
- Some overnight travel by car or air is expected which may include week-ends according to sales development and national trade show needs.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license; a CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL license is a plus.
- Pleasant telephone and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Able to follow established procedures.
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- Familiar or the ability to learn to use existing enterprise software.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
Or Apply Online at: www.stellarindustries.com
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing|