Job Title: Installer, 1st Shift
Location: Garner, IA
Department: 675 Hwy
Reports To: 675 Hwy Lead Person and 675 Hwy Supervisor
Summary: Assemble, modify, and repair Mechanic, Hook Loader, Cable Hoist, Container Carrier, OTR, and Farm Fleet trucks or other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Able to perform all aspects of the assembly, installation, and repair areas, working with other employees as part of a team.
- Be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Installers are tasked with a wide variety of responsibilities and activities. They must have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment, and learn all aspects of job as required:
- Installation of large scale components.
- Install and repair wiring, electronics and hydraulic systems using a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Complete metal fabrication including cutting, grinding and welding.
- Performs quality checks on equipment to ensure correct assembly and fabrication.
- Installs, modifies and repairs existing products, disassembling products for purposes of diagnosing or correcting problems.
- Able to read blue prints and follows work procedures and schematics or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Maintains daily production output.
- May participate in quality control inspections.
- Work with team lead, engineers, supervisors and managers to improve quality and process efficiency.
- May be required to complete an internal welder-training program and perform weld operations as part of job responsibilities.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
An example is shown here for the role above:
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Can get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Can work in crouched position at times, crawl under trucks, climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Can lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job.
Specific Job Skills: Mechanical aptitude is required. Basic hydraulic, welding and electrical aptitude helpful.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are required.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints, various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on a concrete floor all day, with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and a ½ hour lunch.
Able to lift 50 lb. All assembly bays have crane hoists that are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight.
- Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waste. (36”)
None to very limited.
Some assembly areas require climbing stairs while carrying small parts. Climbing a 5’ to 6’ ladder is also required.
Position requires being able to push/pull 2 and 4-wheel carts weighing approx. 200#.
Putting on hoses and other assembly functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling.
Good balance is required to do many of the assembly functions.
Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
Position requires reaching approximately 3’ while handling equipment and parts that may weigh approximately 10#.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and welding as well as the ability to differentiate colors.
Taste or smelling to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Assembly, Operations|