Job Title: Lead Person
Location: Kanawha, IA
Department: Designated Department
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Summary: The Supervisor assumes primary responsibility to optimize resources to maximize production, adhere to quality and safety standards and to motivate and develop the team. The Supervisor is accountable to both management and employees and therefore must gain individual team members’ respect by understanding their needs. The Supervisor will lead assigned production staff to achieve targets, deliver and improve process or product consistency, adhere to quality compliance, obtain cost standards and provide customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Independently supervises staff in daily operations, effectively coach, guide and manage employee issues and concerns.
- Acts as the “face of the company” for direct reports and responsible for fostering the Stellar culture.
- Sets tone of the day and is responsible for the attitude on the floor by creating a positive work environment.
- Coaches and counsels employees on a timely basis regarding behavior, skills and attitude to form and maintain a high-performance team.
- Creates and maintains a close relationship with workers.
- Resolves day-to-day problems that workers may have with their jobs.
- Uses tact and good judgment when correcting production errors or settling disputes.
- Praises and encourages employees who have done their jobs well.
- Identifies training needs and partners with management to ensure training needs are met.
- Ensures people are working to capacity and within a reasonable workload.
- Educates employees on company policy and enforces policy in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing, performance assessment, making salary recommendations and delivering employee counseling for assigned employees.
- Ensures work performed is safe, accurate, timely and efficient; compliant with corporate policies.
- Determines production schedule, update schedule board and communicate daily production schedule.
- Ensures cost effectiveness, quality standards and safety requirements are attainable in the production process.
- Actively evaluates current and future needs of equipment and employees.
- Ensures adequate material supply for current and next shift.
- Leads and participates in investigations and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures hour are correct and approved in Insperity per guidelines.
- Ensures equipment is operational and production efficiently targets are being realized.
- Collaborates with other supervisors ensuring production goals are expeditiously completed and to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Communicates with maintenance on equipment issues and concerns.
- Maintains open line of communications with other departments.
- Executes forklift training.
- 2+ years supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Capable of covering absences of their next level manager.
- This position is classified as full-time, hourly, non-exempt.
- This position reports directly to Plant Manager.
- Job Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstration of skills and knowledge required to perform the responsibilities and duties of the position.
- Demonstrates the ability to reach logical, responsible and timely decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to meet timelines and prioritize work requirements.
- Quality of Work
- Performs work according to requirements with regards to appearance, quality, completeness, whether self-initiated or supervised.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept change and adapt to a variety of assignments and circumstances.
- Attitude & Initiative
- Ability to embrace optimism over negativity.
- Looking for the good in other people, circumstances, and events and especially in ourselves.
- Ability to think and act in an appropriate manner without being instructed in great detail.
- Demonstrate willingness to assume and implement responsibilities of the position.
- Attendance and /Availability
- Conforms to established work schedule. Is available to perform position requirements as necessary.
- Team Work and Cooperation
- Works with co-workers in a collective, collaborative manner to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Proactive demonstration of adherence to company policy and guidelines in creating a safe work environment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
Or apply online at: www.stellarindustries.com