Job Title: Outside Sales Representative, Stellar Truck & Trailer
Location: Mason City, IA
Department: Stellar Truck & Trailer (STT)
Reports To: General Manager
Summary: The position of Outside Sales Representative will involve daily verbal and written communications with STT customers to develop and build sales relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate customer inquiries to clarify and understand their needs to best provide them with a solution, working closely with the Inside Sales Representative to ensure timely responses to the customers’ needs.
- Process and enter customer quote requests received by phone, fax or e-mail. Review customer quotes for accuracy and completeness, and ensure STT products meet required customer order specifications and requirements.
- Turn over signed customer quotes to Inside Sales Representative to process customer orders.
- Verify order completeness via the Stellar Truck and Trailer Order Checklist, ensuring all paperwork is finalized and customer has been informed of initial delivery date.
- Review customer order status; keep abreast of inventory status and manufacturing conditions to be able to react in a manner to meet customer requirements. Coordinate with Inside Sales Representative to expedite orders in conjunction with STT operations to ensure timely completion and shipment. Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Work with the Inside Sales Representative to provide timely response to customer inquiries regarding pricing, order status and changes to status, product availability and product information.
- Develop new business with new or existing accounts to obtain sales revenue and sales mix targets.
- Position will make calls on current and prospective customers in assigned area of responsibility to include truck dealers, municipalities, local contractors, utilities and other end users of work trucks and accessories.
- Diligent customer prospecting, implement and continually update a customer call log. This log will be available electronically at any time.
- Create 4-week travel plans with dedicated sales appointments prior to building plan. Follow-up from all calls/visits logged electronically for review.
- Demonstrate Stellar Truck and Trailer product mix in front of potential customers.
- Always address and communicate with customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Complete assignments or projects concerning customer data, warranty, or other pertinent topics in a timely and effective manner.
- Support STT General Manager to optimize STT sales and profits without sub-optimizing Stellar Industries Inc. overall sales and profits.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications The position of Sales Representative will involve daily verbal and written communications with our customers. It is extremely important that the person filling this position display the highest standards possible by:
- Using courteous and friendly techniques to convey understanding when dealing with our customers in person, via email and on the telephone.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our customers’ needs or concerns.
- Promptly following-up on incoming calls and emails.
- Negotiate and close sales within pricing and other sales policies established by STT General Management.
- Individual must have a good understanding of, and show implementation of, STT sales & service policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with entire STT organization as needed to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as sales literature, operation and technical service manuals or the ability to learn.
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs., and sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Weekly travel required (75%). Majority of travel in the North Iowa, Southern Minnesota area. Territory could open as more experience is gained.
- Limited overnight travel by car or air is expected which may include week-ends
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a CDL
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desirable.
- Pleasant telephone and strong interpersonal skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Able to follow established procedures
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning
- Good problem-solving ability
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs
- Familiar or the ability to learn to us existing enterprise software
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing, Stellar Truck & Trailer|