Job Title: Paint Preparation, 1st Shift
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Paint Department
Reports To: Paint Department Lead
Summary: Preparation for painting of mechanic bodies, tire service bodies, miscellaneous parts and on occasion chassis or other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of Paint Prep, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understanding them and other technical documents required by the job of Material Handler.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Works in such a way as to create no or limited rework and works to continually improve quality level.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Basic computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
An example is shown here for the role above:
Person profile – Paint Preparation
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Be able to work in crouched position at times, crawl under trucks, climb ladders, and stand on concrete floors for long periods as needed to do various job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job. Employee may also be required to pass health requirements for respirator use to be considered for a position in the paint area.
Specific Job Skills: Having some basic bodywork aptitude.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus but not necessary.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints; demonstrate the ability to read paint codes and mix paint, also may be required to use various types of measuring devices.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require standing on concrete floor full day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of weight lifted is 50#. Crane hoists are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight. What height are object lifted to? 36” [floor to waist]
Sitting on occasion when sanding, caulking, or masking bodies or parts.
Some paint prep requires climbing a 5’ or 7’ ladder is also required.
Position requires being able to push/pull 2 and 4-wheel carts weighing approx. 200#.
Crouching and kneeling may be required on occasion when sanding, caulking, or masking bodies or parts.
Good balance is required.
Job duties may require minimum amount of crawling
Position requires reaching approx. 3’ while handling equipment weighing approx. 10#.
Grasping/pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job function. Good hand dexterity is required to move hand in different positions.
Good vision is required for reading blue prints and checking bodies and parts for flaws in materials or paint.
It is important to be able to detect something burning. The work done in area may create a dusty environment.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org