Job Title: Parts Handler/Shipping & Receiving, 1st Shift
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Shipping & Receiving
Reports To: Shipping & Receiving Department Manager
Summary: Performs shipping, receiving and stockroom functions. These functions include pulling items from stock and locating items in stock and the associated system transactions for each. Also required is the shipping and receiving of parts and materials and disposition of those parts and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of Parts/Shipping/Receiving, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Willingness to take direction from area lead person or supervision and follow that direction.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understanding them and other technical documents required by the job.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with part recognition, and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually demonstrates a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Works in such a way as to create no or limited scrap or rework and works to continually improve quality level.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works well as team member
- Able to follow orders of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
- Have valid driver’s license.
An example is shown here for the role above:
Person profile –Parts Handler/Shipping/Receiving
Personality: Self-motivated, with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and safety. Is able to get along with others and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Be able to climb ladders, and some sitting and standing as needed to do job tasks. Be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. at times as required by job. For more specific physical requirements see reverse side.
Specific Job Skills: Having some basic shipping or receiving background and mechanical aptitude helpful. Having a valid driver’s license is a must.
Computer skills: Basic computer skills are a definite plus.
Literacy and Numeric: Able to read blueprints and other associated documents as related to area.
Additional Physical requirements
Position will require limited standing on concrete for much of work day with the exception of two 12-minute breaks and ½ hour lunch.
The heaviest amount of lift will be 50#. Any other lifting that exceeding that weight should be done with the help of a forklift or a hoist. (If lifting more than 50# two people may be required to help).
During work reporting.
May require climbing a 6’ to 10’ ladder to get parts from storage.
Position requires being able to push/pull 2-wheel carts.
Position requires ability to crouch, squat or kneel in the process of loading and unloading some types of parts.
Good balance is required for various job functions.
Job may require a minimum amount of crawling.
Position requires reaching approximately 3’ while handling equipment and parts.
Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment necessary to perform job functions. Good hand dexterity is required to move hands into different positions.
Good vision is required for operating forklift equipment.
Taste or smelling to help detect if something is burning or possibly leaking.
Being able to hear instructions is an important part of the job.
NOTE: The Company has a program for supplying required safety equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com