Job Title: Sales – American Eagle Division
Location: Garner, IA
Department: American Eagle
Reports To: Sales Manager, American Eagle
Summary: The position of Sales – American Eagle Division will involve daily verbal and written communications with Stellar Industries’ customers to receive, process and enter customer orders and return goods requests as well as to handle general product information inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate customer inquiries to determine their needs to best provide them with a solution including a quotation if appropriate. Work with distribution channel as needed to serve end users in a seamless fashion.
- Process and enter customer orders received by phone, fax or e-mail. Review customer orders for accuracy and completeness, and ensure American Eagle products meet required customer order specifications and requirements.
- Review customer order status; keep abreast of inventory status and manufacturing conditions to be able to react in a manner to meet customer requirements. Coordinate and expedite orders in conjunction with production control and shipping to ensure timely completion and shipment. Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries regarding pricing, order status and changes to status, product availability and product information.
- Provide authorization to customers through Stellar Customer Service department for the return of American Eagle products and process necessary returned goods.
- Process and enter various billing adjustments and/or credits including warranty, freight, and tax.
- Update and maintain customer files including general filing of customer orders, quotes and other pertinent information. Assist Sales Manager in maintaining American Eagle part numbers and pricing, customer price lists, website information and bi-monthly newsletter.
- Always address and communicate with customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Complete assignments or projects concerning customer data, warranty, or other pertinent topics in a timely and effective manner.
- Support American Eagle Sales Manager to optimize American Eagle sales and profits without sub-optimizing Stellar Industries, Inc. overall sales and profits.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications The position of Inside sales will involve daily verbal and written communications with our customers. It is extremely important that the person filling this position display the highest standards possible by:
- Must have good understanding and knowledge of American Eagle product sold to assigned customers or the ability to learn.
- Using courteous and friendly techniques to convey understanding when dealing with our customers in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our customers’ needs or concerns.
- Promptly follow-up on incoming calls.
- Negotiate and close sales within pricing and other sales policies established by AE Sales Manager.
- Individual must have good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Individual must have a good understanding of, and show implementation of, Stellar Industries sales & service, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with entire Stellar organization as needed to meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as sales literature, operation and technical service manuals or the ability to learn.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Some overnight travel by car or air is expected which may include week-ends according to sales development and national trade show needs (approximately 10%).
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs., and sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desirable.
- Pleasant telephone and strong interpersonal skills
- Good writing and communication skills
Basic math including fundamental algebra knowledge required.
- Able to follow established procedures.
- Able to make exceptions to procedures with supporting documentation or reasoning.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Proficient with the use of PC’s including Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- Familiar or the ability to learn Epicor (ERP Software).
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing|