Job Title: Sales Support Designer
Location: Garner, IA
Department: Design Engineering
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Summary: Position will involve daily verbal and written communications with Stellar Industries sales and product management to provide accurate quotations and product information support, and to prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services. Confer with sales and Stellar engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine product requirements.
- May assist in coordinating the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
- Support quoting process by:
- Providing specs and technical drawings for customer review and approval.
- Reviewing product design compliance with engineering principles, company and supplier standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Will utilize multiple tools in 2D, 3D, rapid prototype and others to convey concepts and ideas to the customer.
- Maintaining a library of previous projects, updated designs, and critical supplier models.
- Support order fulfilment by providing production support to clarify customer expectations as needed.
- Other duties may assigned by Engineering Manager.
- MRP applications experience.
- Should be familiar with the automotive industry and truck up fitting.
- SolidWorks experience.
- Hydraulic, electrical and manufacturing.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Two-year technical degree in a related field.
- Must be willing to adhere to safety requirements.
- Must be able to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Relationship building; always address and communicate with customers in a professional manner regardless of the customers’ communication style.
- Excel in interpersonal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must have initiative, be willing to work independently and as part of a team, possess a strong desire to learn, and enjoy computing and technical design, and be practical and creative.
- Must continuously gain knowledge of Stellar product sold to customers.
- Exhibiting a keen attention to detail, when listening to our customers’ needs or concerns.
- Individual must have good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Collaborate with entire Stellar organization as needed to meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as sales literature, operation and technical service manuals.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Some overnight travel by car or air is expected.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401k retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: email@example.com