Weld Facility Manufacturing Engineer
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Responsible for the development of engineering instructions using manufacturing engineering practices.
- Prepare quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
- Evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specs and other documents.
- Design and procure tools/equipment.
- Write appropriation requests.
- Evaluate and solve production problems.
- Responsible for production cell layout, facility flow and ergonomic studies.
General Competencies Required:
- Capital improvement.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
- Computer proficiency.
- MRP Systems experience preferred.
- Process Improvement.
- Problem Resolution.
- Project Management.
- Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Computer Proficient with the ability to work fluently with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking coupled with good interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or related field is preferred.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering or a commensurate level of experience with related products. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of computers, machining and weld practices, tools and fixturing.
- Ability to communicate verbally, in writing and make presentations.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must excel at working in a team environment.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear, and frequently required to reach, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Employee may be required to work indoors in a shop environment and also outside in all weather conditions.
- May be required to use safety glasses while performing specific tasks or while in manufacturing areas.
- Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Posted on: 2023-08-23 05:57 PM
— or —
Text “Stellar” to 97211 to start