Up to 40,000-lb Capacity Sliding Jib Hooklift
Increase efficiency and productivity with the Stellar® Slider40 Hooklift. The Slider40 is a body handling system mounted on a truck chassis that is capable of loading, unloading and dumping various bodies with lengths ranging from 12′ (3.6 m) to 16′ (4.8 m) with the use of a hexagonal sliding jib. The hex jib reduces flex and provides greater structural integrity. The Slider40 can accommodate capacities up to 40,000 lbs (18,144 kg). The maximum dump angle is 51° with all hook heights.
The Slider40 is available with 54″ (1,372 mm) or 61.75″ (1,568 mm) hook heights that are adjustable either manually or hydraulically.Print
- Will accommodate various hook heights on containers with adjustable hook height jibs, either with manual adjustable or hydraulic adjustable.
- Transmission-mounted PTO and hydraulic pump required to power the hooklift loader.
- Standard in-cab cable or air controls allow for metering of the manual hydraulic valve.
- 25-gallon frame-mounted oil tank.
- Operating pressure is 4,500 psi.
- Maximum hydraulic flow is 24 gallons per minute.
- Patented dump/load interface as featured on most Stellar Hooklifts.
- Hydraulic counterbalance valves to prevent cylinder collapse in case of hose failure.
- Slide-through, rear-body tiedown latches and optional inside latches.
- Plunger valve to prevent front jib movement when the dump frame is raised.
- Permanently lubricated and greaseable bushings used throughout.
- Grease zerks at all pinpoints to allow purging of contaminants.
- Carbon steel and zinc-plated or type 17-4 stainless-steel pins used throughout.
- All weldments painted with two-part polyurethane enamel.
- Base section: The base section of a Stellar Slider may also be called a subframe. All Stellar Slider Hooklifts are tied together in one common framework. This base section adds strength to the loader and places less stress concentration on the truck chassis by providing additional structural support. The base section provides for simple installation on most truck chassis.
- Slide-through latches: Inside and/or outside bolt-on latches for ease of installation and replacement.
- Jib: The sliding jib allows for a wider range of container lengths and a means to control the truck’s weight distribution while remaining in the latches. The jib is equipped with an adjustable hook height, either hydraulic actuated or manually adjustable, to allow for picking of various size containers.
- Wear pads: Easily replaceable wear pads for the jib/secondary boom assemblies can be changed in minutes and ensure long life for the jib/secondary assemblies. It’s not necessary to disassemble the hooklift to replace wear pads.
- Dump section: Dumping is accomplished through the rear pivot point. Jib and dump sections must lock together to support the full length of container/body when in the dump mode.
- Front rollers: These three sets of rollers allow skid to roll freely forward and backward while operating the jib. They prevent long sills from wearing prematurely by not dragging steel on steel, and they eliminate the need to replace wear pads on base frame.
- Lift cylinders: The lift cylinder on a Stellar Slider not only lifts the body onto the truck, but it also provides the dumping movement.
- Counterbalance valves: Counterbalance valves are used on all cylinders, protecting both extend and retract functions in case of a hydraulic hose failure.
- Rear rollers: With the unique Stellar Slider design, bodies are loaded and unloaded with a lift and roll movement.
- Secondary: The secondary section acts as the main pivoting member for loading and offloading bodies. This component ties the jib and dump sections together into one cohesive unit.
|Item Description||Slider40 – 54" or 61.75"|
|Lifting Capacity:||54" HH: 37,000 lbs (16,783 kg)|
|61.75" HH: 40,000 lbs (18,144 kg)|
|Dumping Capacity:||40,000 lbs (18,144 kg)|
|Dump Angle (A):||51˚|
|Effective Length (B):||132" – 168" (4,267 – 5,283 mm)|
|Cab to Trunnion (CT):||130" – 144" (4,064 – 4,420 mm)|
|Shipping Weight:||Manual Adj: 4,200 lbs (1,905 kg)|
|Hydraulic Adj: 4,300 lbs (1,950 kg)|
|Rec. Body Lengths:||12' – 16' (3,658 – 4,877 mm)|
|Hook Height:||54" or 61.75" (1,372 or 1,568 mm)|
|Min. Truck GVWR:||43,000 lbs (19,504 kg)|
Ready to Get the Job Done?
Reach out to us today. With Stellar, you don’t just get tough, reliable products and equipment. You get real solutions to real problems — designed with you in mind.