Environmental Policy Statement
Stellar is driven by quality and making products that help make the world run. A critical component to that mission is being a responsible corporate citizen and doing our part to conduct business in a responsible manner. Our environmental management programs aim to achieve a balance between environmental goals and economic health. Here are the key elements of our waste reduction efforts:
- Facility Operations: All Stellar facilities operate in compliance with environmental laws and regulations, ensuring environmentally responsible practices.
- During the onboarding process, we provide all employees with comprehensive training programs about their responsibilities in fulfilling the company’s environmental policies. We also have specific training for those employees working with our waste streams.
- Monitoring and Audits: Through regular audits and monitoring, we ensure that our workplace practices align with our environmental policies by being as lean as possible.
- Management Support: Stellar’s management actively supports environmental responsiveness and resource conservation, making it an integral part of our business management.
Each Stellar facility is expected to manage its activities in alignment with our environmental goals. We encourage employees to work toward these goals and promptly report any situations that may conflict with our environmental policy.
Our waste reduction programs encompass the following initiatives:
- Corrugated and paper recycling.
- Used oil recycling: Partnering with C & D Oil for the collection and distribution of high-quality burner fuel for EPA-certified asphalt plants.
- Hazardous waste energy: Utilizing Hydrite’s treatment and disposal facilities for recycling, energy recovery, fuel blending, incineration.
- Solvent recycling: Converting waste solvents into usable products, reducing costs and minimizing waste disposal.
- Scrap metal recycling.
- Monitoring recycling revenue and reduction in landfill waste.
- Wood recycling.
- Cutting coolant recycling: Recycling used cutting fluids and processing them into new coolant products.
- Electronics recycling.
- Battery recycling: Employing high-temperature metal reclamation processes to extract valuable metals from batteries.
- Aerosol can recycling: Recycling steel, tin, or aluminum components for endless reuse.
- Plastic recycling.
Through these initiatives, we aim to minimize waste generation, promote resource conservation and contribute to a more sustainable future.