When heavy hauling is required, look to the 65,000-lb Stellar® Shuttle Hooklift for the solution. These models are designed to handle the extremely heavy loads of both on- and off-road hauling. The 65,000-lb Stellar Shuttle Hooklifts feature dual 7″ bore lift/dump cylinders to keep the overall height and total weight as low as possible. Dual rear rollers with integral rear body tiedowns are standard.
Stellar 65,000-lb Hooklift Loaders are available in both on-road and extra heavy-duty off-road versions. Off-road versions feature heavy double-plate construction throughout. The rear portions of the dump section and base are constructed of 3″ thick solid steel plate. These massive hook loader machines are designed for heavy work in foundries, steel mills and scrap yards.Print
- Will accommodate bodies from 15′ to 21.5′ long and still retain the maximum rated dump angle on a 41″-high frame truck. Longer bodies may be accommodated with reduced dumping capabilities.
- Transmission-mounted PTO and hydraulic pump required to power the hooklift.
- Standard in-cab manual controls allow for precise metering of the manual stack-type hydraulic valve. Solenoid-activated hydraulic control valve with electric remote-control pendant is optional.
- 25-gallon, frame-mounted oil tank.
- Operating pressure is 4,200 psi.
- Hydraulic flow required is 24 gallons per minute.
- Patented dump/load interface.
- Hydraulic locks to prevent cylinder collapse in case of hose failure.
- Hook latch to prevent body from becoming detached prematurely.
- Mechanical rear body tiedown latches.
- Resettable dump/tilt tabs.
- Hydraulic rotary valve to prevent front tilt movement when the dump frame is raised.
- Permanently lubricated and greaseable bushings used throughout.
- Carbon steel and zinc-plated or type 17-4 stainless-steel pins used throughout.
- All weldments painted with two-part polyurethane enamel.
The diagram below shows a typical Stellar Shuttle Hooklift. Below is a detailed explanation of these components, which are an integral part of every Stellar Hydraulic Hooklift.
Base Section: The base section may also be called a subframe. All Stellar Hooklift hoists are tied together in one common framework. This base section not only adds strength to the hoist but also places less stress concentration on the truck chassis by providing additional structural support. The base section also provides for simple installation on most truck chassis.
Body Latch: The body latch is also referred to as the rear tiedown. Standard on Stellar Hooklift hoists are rearward-facing hooks that interface with a horizontal steel pocket or tab. As the body is pulled forward into the final storage position prior to transporting, the tabs will pull tight in the hook pockets. Hydraulic-activated rear tiedowns are optional on larger Stellar Hooklift hoists.
Dump Section: This component of the Stellar Hooklift pivots at the rear of the hoist and when the tilt engages the patented dump latch tabs, allowing for the container dumping function. The rear-body latches are attached to this component on all models, allowing the body to remain in the latches while in transit and dumping.
Front Saddles: Front saddles provide a place for the body to rest while the truck is in motion.
Lift Cylinder: The lift cylinder lifts the body onto the truck and provides the dumping movement. Our lift cylinders feature dual pilot-operated counterbalance valves, which provide optimum meter-ability and protection against sudden movement in the case of hose failure.
Tilt and Dump Latch: This unique patented feature is the basis of the Stellar Hooklift system. With a simple mechanical engagement between the tilt section and the dump section, the pivot point is changed from the secondary section (loading/offloading) to the rear of the truck (dumping). Resettable tabs protect the system from out-of-sequence operation.
Rear Rollers: With the unique Stellar Hooklift design, bodies are loaded and unloaded with a lift and roll movement. While unloading a body, the tilt section will lift the front of the body and roll it back. The tilt cylinder will continue rolling the body until the rear of the body contacts the ground.
Plunger Valve: The plunger valve will lock out all hydraulic fluid to the tilt cylinder when in the dumping mode. This prevents accidental release of the body while dumping.
Secondary Section: The secondary section acts as the main pivoting member for loading/offloading bodies. This component ties the tilt and dump sections together into one cohesive unit.
Tilt Cylinder: The tilt cylinder operates the tilt section of the hooklift and features a pilot-operated counterbalance valve on both extend and retract sides. The tilt section is a key component of the Stellar Hooklift. With Stellar’s unique twin-post design, line-of-sight visibility of the hook is available from the truck cab.
|Dump Angle (A):||50˚||51˚||50˚|
|Effective Length (B):||174"
|Cab to Trunnion (C):||138" – 144"
(3,505 – 3,658 mm)
|160" – 174"
(4,064 – 4,420 mm)
|174" – 190"
(4,420 – 4,826 mm)
|Lifting/Dumping Cap:||65,000 lbs
|Shipping Weight:||6,300 lb
|Rec. Body Length:||15' – 17.5'
(4,572 – 5,334 mm)
|17' – 20'
(5,182 – 6,096 mm)
|19' – 21.5'
(5,791 – 6,553 mm)
|Min. Truck GVWR:||54,000 lbs
Ready to Get the Job Done?
Reach out to us today. With Stellar, you don’t just get tough, reliable products and equipment. You get real solutions to real problems — designed with you in mind.