Working Lead – Drawer Cell – Starting at $23.25+ per hour
In the absence of Lead Person, direct day-to-day activities with in an assigned area to assure that the productivity, quality and safety level of assigned area meet all company goals for that area. Preparation for as well as assembling of and training fellow employees on how to properly assemble with the department and other work as directed by Lead Person or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Lead Person’s roll, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain two-way communication with peers and supervisors.
- Skilled in all phases of the department from the beginning of process to finished product.
- Must possess the ability to train staff members on use of proper tools and processes for all positions.
- Assess work flow through the department and provide feedback for potential process improvements.
- Feedback on how new employees are progressing and understanding their duties.
- Understand and uphold Company quality standards.
- Willingness to give direction to area employees and follow up on that direction, and act as a positive role model for workers within work area.
- Be capable of reading blue prints and understanding them and other technical documents required by the job of Lead Person and be able to discuss this information with others to resolve problems as they occur.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with mechanical equipment and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Continually promotes a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within area.
- Works to create no or limited scrap and rework within area and works to continually improve quality level within that area.
- Follows all company safety rules as laid out in the company safety manual and all other company policies.
- Maintain company equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Attend workshops and other training as directed by the company to work to constantly improve leadership skills.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment according to department standards.
Routine Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Time Record Keeping
- Manage/Track employees time off.
- Tracking of employees’ available paid time hours.
- Disciplinary Responsibilities
- Support and enforce current and future company policy.
- Labor picking, parts issuing, manufacturing receipting (EPICOR).
- Daily schedule planning in the drawer cell area (prod schedule/creating dispatch)
- Work with Manufacturing Manager and 1st shift Lead to plan the day’s work.
- Re-work requests for parts with inventory or quality issues that arise.
- Shift reporting process.
- Material handling. Forklift permit required.
- Works well as team leader
- Able to follow direction of supervisor
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Read blueprints and other documents
- Have mechanical skills.
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- MRP Experience/ability to learn MRP System
- Problem solving abilities (identify problems and offer/implement solutions)
- Willingness to try new processes/layouts/methods
- Work constructively with management and shop floor personnel
- Positive attitude toward others
Posted on: 2023-06-13 07:57 PM
— or —
Text “Stellar” to 97211 to start