20,000-lb Capacity Sliding Jib Hooklift
Take your hooklift truck fleet to new heights for your business. The Stellar Slider20 Hooklift is a body handling system mounted on a truck chassis that is capable of loading, unloading and dumping various bodies with lengths ranging from 13′ (3.9 m) to 18′ (5.4 m ) with the use of a sliding hexagonal jib. The hex jib reduces flex and provides greater structural integrity. The Slider20 can accommodate capacities up to 20,000 lbs (9,071 kg). The maximum dump angle is 55° with all hook heights.
The Slider20 is equipped with a telescopic jib and is available with 54″ (1,372 mm) or 61.75″ (1,568 mm) hook heights that are adjustable either manually or hydraulically to allow for working with various length and hook height containers.
- Will accommodate various hook heights on containers with adjustable hook heights jibs, either with manual adjustable hook heights or hydraulic hook heights. Transmission-mounted PTO and hydraulic pump required to power the hooklift.
- Standard in-cab cable or air controls allow for metering of the manual hydraulic valve.
- 10-gallon frame-mounted oil tank.
- Operating pressure is 4,200 psi.
- Hydraulic flow required is 16 gallons per minute.
- Valve bank equipped with power beyond port.
- Mechanical dump/load interface.
- Hydraulic counterbalance valves to prevent cylinder collapse in case of hose failure.
- Inside or outside bolt-on, slide-through, rear-body tiedown latches.
- Plunger valve to prevent front jib movement when the dump frame is raised.
- Permanently lubricated and greaseable bushings used throughout.
- Grease zerks at all pinpoints to allow purging of contaminants.
- Carbon steel and zinc-plated or type 17-4 stainless-steel pins used throughout.
- All weldments painted with two-part polyurethane enamel.
- Base section: The base section of a Stellar Slider may also be called a subframe. All Stellar Slider Hooklifts are tied together in one common framework. This base section adds strength to the loader and places less stress concentration on the truck chassis by providing additional structural support. The base section provides for simple installation on most truck chassis.
- Slide-through latches: Inside and/or outside bolt-on latches for ease of installation and replacement.
- Jib: The sliding jib allows for a wider range of container lengths and a means to control the truck’s weight distribution while remaining in the latches. The jib is equipped with an adjustable hook height, either hydraulic actuated or manually adjustable, to allow for picking of various size containers.
- Wear pads: Easily replaceable wear pads for the jib/secondary boom assemblies can be changed in minutes and ensure long life for the jib/secondary assemblies. It’s not necessary to disassemble the hooklift to replace wear pads.
- Dump section: Dumping is accomplished through the rear pivot point. Jib and dump sections must lock together to support the full length of container/body when in the dump mode.
- Front rollers: These three sets of rollers allow the skid to roll freely forward and backward while operating the jib. They prevent long sills from wearing prematurely by not dragging steel on steel and they eliminate the need to replace wear pads on base frame.
- Lift cylinder: The lift cylinder lifts the body onto the truck and provides the dumping movement.
- Counterbalance valves: All Stellar Slider cylinders feature dual pilot-operated counterbalance valves, which provide for optimum meter-ability and protection against sudden movement in case of hose failure.
- Rear rollers: With the unique Stellar Slider design, bodies are loaded and unloaded with a lift and roll movement.
- Secondary: The secondary section acts as the main pivoting member for loading/offloading bodies. This component ties the jib and dump sections together into one cohesive unit.
The diagram below shows a typical Stellar Slider Hooklift. Following is a detailed explanation of these components, which are an integral part of every Stellar Hydraulic Hooklift.
|Item Description||Slider20 – 54" or 61.75"|
|Dump/Lift Capacity:||20,000 lbs (9,071 kg)|
|Dump Angle (A):||55˚|
|Effective Length (B):||143" – 185" (3.63 – 4.70 m)|
|Cab to Axle (C):||138" – 156" (3.50 – 3.96 m)|
|Lowest Hook Height (D):||54" HH: 47" (1.19 m)
61.75" HH: 41" (1.04 m)
|Shipping Weight:||Manual Adj: 3,600 lbs (1,633 kg)
Hydraulic Adj: 3,700 lbs (1,678 kg)
|Rec. Body Lengths:||13' – 18' (3.96 – 5.48 m)|
|Hook Height:||54" or 61.75" (1.37 – 1.56 m)|
|Min. Truck GVWR:||25,000 lbs (11,340 kg)|
|When using a tarping system, add 12" to cab-to-axle (CA) or cab-to-trunnion (CT) measurement.|
Ready to Get the Job Done?
Reach out to us today. With Stellar, you don’t just get tough, reliable products and equipment. You get real solutions to real problems — designed with you in mind.