Engineering Technician II
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
The electrical engineer technician designs, tests and documents electrical/electronic system components for mobile equipment. The position applies knowledge of electrical/electronics, wireless communications and processor based control systems. The electronics technician provides design support to the Electrical Assembly Dept. of manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Design control system components to include but not limited to motor controllers. wire harnesses. control panels. valve drivers. and wireless remote-control systems.
• Create schematics and wiring diagrams using CAD tools for communication to vendors. manufacturing department and customer service.
• Generate and maintain wire harness drawings for manufacturing using CAD tools
• Develop visual aids and work instructions for installation of electrical products
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic components, including programmable controls. wire harnesses, power supplies, and test equipment.
• Inspect installations and observe operation to ensure design compliance and all that applicable safety requirements are being satisfied.
• Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test fixtures and diagnostic instruments such as a multi-meter, oscilloscope, network analyzer and wireless field strength meter.
• Perform detailed calculations to compute specifications for purchasing, manufacturing and installation standards.
• Compile data and prepare reports related to research and testing of new and existing products.
• Responsible for complying with safety and quality systems procedures. as required.
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
• Act as a positive role model for all co-workers
• Promote a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within the company.
• Continuously promotes and fosters a culture of working safety.
• Knowledge of computers and electronics design techniques, tools and principles.
• Operations Analysis and Critical Thinking.
• Complex problem solving with emphasis on active learning.
• Strong applied math and applied physics skills.
• Knowledge of common application programming languages.
• Teamwork Orientation.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Associates Degree in related technical field combined with industry specific experience.
• Three to five years of proven experience in the design and/or manufacturing of electrical/electronic products or electro-mechanical systems
• Experience with Solidworks Electrical or similar CAD based schematic software
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Posted on: 2024-02-12 08:31 PM