Welding Technician (2nd Shift) – Starting at $24.35+ per hour – $4,000 Sign on Bonus Eligible!
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Joining the Stellar team means you can take ownership of your future. We are a people-focused company that values our employees and offers all the benefits of being a market leader. As an employee owner on our team, you will have opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to contribute to our ongoing success & rapid growth.
Stellar was founded in 1990 in Garner, Iowa, and has since expanded operations to multiple U.S. locations. Stellar is a 100% employee-owned and operated manufacturer of high-quality work trucks and trailers, as well as service truck and van accessories. Through an innovative, growing product line and an expanding distribution network, Stellar has gained an international presence and become the No. 1 productivity choice in many markets.
Our commitment to building the best equipment requires the best people. If you are passionate about creating quality products in a positive, friendly teamwork atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take the first step towards an exciting and rewarding career with Stellar Industries.
Are you ready to spark up your career? Do you have a passion for welding like no other? Look no further, because Stellar is seeking a talented Welding Technician to join our stellar team! As a Welding Technician at Stellar, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your skills and expertise in welding all types of steel and aluminum. You'll work with a supportive team and under the direction of our Lead Person or Supervisor, ensuring precision and quality in all your work. At Stellar, we take pride in being an employer of choice and providing a work environment that makes every employee love their job. Join us and be part of our growing family! Apply now to light up your career in welding!
· Weld aluminum, steel, and stainless-steel components (bench, MIG).
· Be capable of performing all aspects of welding area
· Grind welds
· Working with other employees as part of a team as well as individually
· Willingness to take direction from area supervision and follow that direction.
· Required to attend/successfully complete company sponsored weld-training program.
· Be capable of reading blueprints/work order, other technical documents required by the job of a welder
· Have the ability and desire to become efficient with welding, learn all aspects of job as required.
· Set up and assemble various components/machines for welding.
· Continually demonstrates a productive, non-disruptive work ethic.
· Works in a way to create no/limited scrap or rework, works to continually improve quality level.
· Follows all company safety rules as laid out in company safety manual and all other company policies.
· Maintain company equipment/work areas in a clean, orderly manner.
· Be able to safely us the proper tooling and other equipment as specified to fulfill basic job requirements.
· Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Able to commit to welding training provided to by the Company
· Willing to cross train SOP as required by supervisor/manager
· Successfully complete weld test prior to job offers
· Able to follow work orders precisely with little to no error
· Read work orders and tape measure/measuring equipment
· Have mechanical skills, some computer skills
· 6 months similar experience or Weld Program Certification from an accredited Trade School or Vocational Program preferred
· Position will require standing on concrete floor during majority of shift, not including break times
· Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs and/or push up to 200lbs. All assembly bays have hoists that are required to be used for any pieces exceeding that weight.
· Most objects being lift will be lifted approximately from floor to waist. (38”)
· Candidate must be able to reach/grab parts up to 10lbs
· Some functions may include climbing ladders. Appx 5’.
· Some functions will require crouching, squatting, and kneeling
· Good hand dexterity and balance is required to operate all equipment necessary
· Job duties may require a minimum amount of crawling.
· Daily use of 5 senses to maintain safety for the team and self.
Posted on: 2024-02-08 08:59 PM